Teacher of Drama and KS3 English
Posting date: 1 November 2018
Closing date: 29 November 2018
Salary: Inner London Teachers’ MPS/UPS (£29,664– £48,244)
Location: East London E1 0RH
Company: Sir John Cass Foundation and Redcoat CofE Secondary School
Job type: Permanent
Job Reference: 100
Hours: Full time
Are you an outstanding teacher with strong subject knowledge?
Sir John Cass is an outstanding, inner-city Church of England School. We take pride in our ethos of academic ambition, exceptionally high standards of achievement and behaviour, and tolerance and respect for all.
Our staff and students have already identified their ideal candidate:
- You are an outstanding teacher
- You are committed to working with staff and students to help them achieve their potential
- You have an unshakeable belief that all children deserve an outstanding education
- You have experience teaching both Drama and English
- Teach across the KS3 curriculum in both Drama and English
- Teach KS4 Drama with the possibility for future KS5 teaching
- Assist in planning and updating department curriculums and specifications
- Organise and lead school productions
- Mark English and Drama assessments and books
- Work with theatres across London in order to give students the best drama education
- Work as a Tutor and engage with the schools’ extensive pastoral policy
- Communicate with staff and parents
We will offer you:
- A vibrant, multi-cultural environment
- A school with exceptional progress and attainment
- An induction and support programme widely recognised for outstanding practice
- Continuous Professional Development to develop you as a leader
- A calm and orderly school based upon high standards of behaviour and an ethos of trust and care
- A school rated as outstanding by Ofsted in 2015
The successful Drama and English Teacher will be available to join this secondary school in January 2019 on a full-time permanent basis and will be working alongside a team of influential and dedicated teachers that truly get the best out of their students.
Qualifications and Skills:
As a well-qualified specialist, holding QTS and a relevant undergraduate degree, you will have the ability to teach a range of ages. You will have experience teaching both Drama and English. You will need to be able to work well in a team, have presence and authority in a classroom setting and able to deliver consistently good lessons. The school would consider a newly qualified teacher for the role. Hours of work are 1265 hours 195 days of the year as per the STPCD.
If you think you have the passion, energy and drive to help us to move us to the next stage in our development, we look forward to hearing from you. Please refer to the job description and person specification for further details.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are committed to equality and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Telephone inquiries are welcomed on 0207 790 6712.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 9am on 29th November 2018.
Sir John Cass’s Foundation and Red Coat Church of England Secondary School and Sixth Form College will be compliant to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) May 2018.
The application form of the successful candidate will be kept for the duration of employment. In case of resignation/retirement it will be kept for a further 7 years (legal obligation) and then securely destroyed. The successful application form and supporting forms (e.g. bank details etc.) will be sent to LBTH Payroll and EPM (Educational Personnel Management) for processing.
The unsuccessful application forms are kept for 6 months and then they are securely destroyed.