Higher Level Teaching Assistants
Sir John Cass is an outstanding inner-city Church of England School. We take pride in our ethos of academic ambition, exceptionally high standards of achievement and behaviour, and tolerance and respect for all.
We are seeking to appoint HLTAs to join a high achieving, hardworking department in an outstanding school. The department is expanding due to a rising number of students joining our school with EHCPs. Our HLTAs work with students aged 11-19, across the curriculum and in all areas of need as identified within the SEN Code of Practice
We are looking for someone who can:
• Work with individuals and groups, under the direction of the teacher, to support learning
• Contribute to planning and evaluation of lessons within a framework set by the teacher
• Support teachers to assess student needs and progress and use detailed knowledge and specialist skills to support learning and promote independence
• Liaise with staff and other relevant professionals and provide information about students as appropriate
• Contribute to the development and implementation of Individual Development Plans for students and attend and contribute to reviews
• Support transition
• Support the role of parents/ carers in students’ learning and contribute to meetings
• Line-manage a team of classroom support staff
• Administer medication in accordance with an agreed plan under direction of healthcare practitioner and appropriate training.
• Assist pupils with mobility, eating, dressing and hygiene, as required, whilst encouraging independence.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will require an enhanced DBS clearance. We are dedicated to equality and valuing diversity.
How to apply: For an application pack, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit our website https://www.sjcr.net/our-school/vacancies/vacancies:
Please return your application to email@example.com
Closing date: 9.00 am on 12 July 2019
Sir John Cass’s Foundation and Red Coat Church of England Secondary School and Sixth Form College will be compliant to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) May 2018.
The application form of the successful candidate will be kept for the duration of employment. In case of resignation/retirement it will be kept for a further 7 years (legal obligation) and then securely destroyed. The successful application form and supporting forms (e.g. bank details etc.) will be sent to LBTH Payroll and EPM (Educational Personnel Management) for processing.
The unsuccessful application forms are kept for 6 months and then they are securely destroyed.