Deputy Head Teacher
Deputy Head Teacher
Leadership Scale L26 – L29
We are looking for an exceptional teacher and leader to join our team in September 2018 or earlier if possible. Sir John Cass is an outstanding and heavily oversubscribed inner-city CofE school. We take pride in our ethos of academic ambition, exceptionally high standards of achievement and behaviour, and tolerance and respect for all.
The post will focus on overall strategic responsibility for a key stage. The precise responsibilities will be further developed with you after your appointment. In addition, all members of the SLT have a high profile about the school and the Sixth Form College.
We offer you:
- A vibrant multi-cultural environment
- An induction and support programme widely recognised for outstanding practice
- Continuous Professional Development to develop you towards your own headship in due course
- A very calm and orderly school based upon high standards of behaviour and an ethos of trust and care
- Progress 8 score of 0.25Telephone inquiries are welcomed on 0207 791 4987. Applicants are welcome to visit the School by arrangement, before 25 January 2018.
- The closing date for receipt of applications is 26th January 2018.
- Interviews to be held on 5th February 2018.
- The school was rated Outstanding in 2015.We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are committed to equality and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Sir John Cass’s Foundation and Red Coat Church of England Secondary School and Sixth Form College will be compliant to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which will take effect in May 2018.
The application form of the successful candidate will be kept for the duration of employment. In case of resignation/retirement it will be kept for a further 7 years (legal obligation) and then securely destroyed. The successful application form and supporting forms (e.g. bank details etc.) will be sent to LBTH Payroll and EPM (Educational Personnel Management) for processing.
The unsuccessful application forms are kept for 6 months and then they are securely destroyed.