Attendance Officer (revised)
SO1 (£31,434 to £32,577 pro-rata)
Term time only plus 1 week
Closing date for applications: 9am on 29th May 2019
Sir John Cass is an outstanding inner-city Church of England School. We take pride in our ethos of academic ambition, exceptionally high standards of achievement and behaviour, and tolerance and respect for all.
We are looking for an Attendance Officer who will be responsible for following up on poor attendance / punctuality, whilst assisting SLT in the Management and Development of attendance and punctuality policies.
We will offer you:
• A vibrant, multi-cultural environment
• A school with exceptional progress and attainment
• An induction and support programme widely recognised for outstanding practice
• A calm and orderly school based upon high standards of behaviour and an ethos of trust and care
• A school rated as outstanding by Ofsted in 2015
What we are looking for:
• A good understanding of principles of good student attendance and punctuality
• Ability to plan effective actions for students with poor attendance
• Effective use of ICT to secure good attendance
• Understanding of a range of welfare issues that may be effecting students and their families.
Application form and further details can be found on our website.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are committed to equality and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Telephone inquiries are welcomed on 0207 790 6712.
Sir John Cass’s Foundation and Red Coat Church of England Secondary School and Sixth Form College will be compliant to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which will take effect in May 2018.
The application form of the successful candidate will be kept for the duration of employment. In case of resignation/retirement it will be kept for a further 7 years (legal obligation) and then securely destroyed. The successful application form and supporting forms (e.g. bank details etc.) will be sent to LBTH Payroll and EPM (Educational Personnel Management) for processing.
The unsuccessful application forms are kept for 6 months and then they are securely destroyed.