Sixth Form Code of Conduct
Post-16 Home School Agreement
Sir John Cass Sixth Form College will aim to provide:
- A safe and secure learning environment for all
- The highest standards of care and discipline to promote respect from all.
- A learning environment, equipment, resources and facilities to promote confidence and independence in our students as learners
- Academic guidance and pastoral support to students throughout their Sixth Form College career; regular reports, information and consultation about progress
- A dedicated Form Tutor and regular assemblies with opportunities for collective worship and reflection time.
- A link to outside agencies including enterprise, volunteering and work experience opportunities.
- A comprehensive induction and PHSE programme enabling personal and social development.
- Financial support to those who need it and access to numerous university scholarship opportunities.
Sir John Cass Sixth Form College Expects:
- To wear identity passes at all times while on Sixth Form College premises and understand that entrance will be refused without it. Lost or damaged passes will need to be replaced and will incur a minimal cost.
- To tap in/out when entering/ leaving the Sixth Form Premises, in the interests of safety and security
- To aim for 100% attendance and punctuality to all lessons, registration and assemblies; to address any absences by completing a yellow sheet within one week of return to study. Failing to do so will affect my eligibility for the bursary or any other financial support.
- To work to the best of my ability, completing all work set by teachers and meeting all deadlines
- To respect all members of the Sixth Form College community
- To take responsibility for my own work and behaviour
- To adhere to modern British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
- To follow the Sixth Form College’s rules, code of conduct and online acceptable user policy (AUP); to be mindful of the reputation of the Sixth Form College at all times. This includes behaviour outside of and in the near vicinity of the school. Loitering outside the school is strictly prohibited.
- Never to use the Sixth Form College’s name/ logo without prior consent or authorisation
- To care for all Sixth Form College equipment, the buildings and respect the Sixth Form College environment. This means no smoking/alcohol/ or chewing gum on the premises. Hats, hoods and headphones are also prohibited
Parents and/or Guardians
- To support the Sixth Form College and the ethos and values
- To work in partnership with the staff
- To inform the Sixth Form College promptly of any concerns
- To respond to concerns raised by members of staff
- To ensure regular and punctual attendance of their child/children to Sixth Form College. To understand that taking your child/ children out during term time will not be authorised.
- To support the high standards of discipline, behaviour and security in the Sixth Form College
- To acknowledge the part that good discipline, behaviour and security play in high attainment
- To support the Sixth Form College in upholding modern British values
- To attend all Parents’ Evenings and Academic Review Days
- To give consent to the Sixth Form College to use images of their child for publicity and promotion
If you would like to discuss any of the points above in further detail, please contact the College Registrars (Mr Rothon or Mrs Hall)