Head of Department: Mr Mike Coles
Second In-Charge: Ms Kesi Charles
Key Stage 3 (Year 7-9)
- An Introduction to RE and the wold of religion.
- Ultimate questions, e.g. Is there a God?
- Introduction to the Bible.
- Old Testament stories of Joseph and Moses
- Study of the Religion of Judaism
- They study 3 main Religions in year 8.
- Study of Buddhism
- Study of Sikhism
- Study of Hinduism
- Start the GCSE Course. Exam Board is EDUQAS. Route A.
- Component 3 A study of Islam-Beliefs and Practices
- Component 2 A study of Christianity-beliefs and Practices
Key Stage 4 (Year 10-11)
Continuation of Component 3 and 2. When complete, students start Component 1-Religious, Philosophical and Ethical Studies in the Modern World through Christianity, Islam and Judaism.
Completion of Unit 1, and then revision for the exam.
Key Stage 5 (Year 12-13)
Religious Studies for A Level. Exam Board EDUQAS
Study of three units. Islam. Ethics. Philosophy.
Continue with the study of Islam. Ethics. Philosophy.
A level Year 2
Independent Learning Resources
Key Stage 3
- For most homework and project based homework, we always recommend students refer to this area as their first port of call.
Key Stage 4
- Revision books have been given to students by their teachers. These are created by teachers.
- The BBC Bitesize area also has a good area specifically for the WJEC/EDUQAS RE course which the students use. https://www.bbc.com/bitesize/subjects/zb48q6f