Health and Social Care
Head of Department: Ms Nazira Begum Uddin/ Ms Sarah Gratton
Head of Health and Social Care: Ms Liana Michaelides
Key Stage 4 (Year 10-11)
Communication, Life stages
First Aid, Essential values in care
Key Stage 5 (Year 12-13)
Level 2 – Communication in health and social care, Individual rights in health and social care, Individual needs in health and social care, Ensuring safe environments in health and social care, Cultural diversity in health and social care, Anatomy and physiology in health and social care, Human lifespan development, The impact of diet on health.
Level 3 BTEC – Human lifespan development, Working in health and social care, Work experience in health and social care, principles of safe practice in health and social care, Physiological disorders and their care, Caring for individuals with dementia, Nutritional health.
Anatomy and physiology in health and social care, Enquiries into research in health and social care, Meeting individual care and support needs, Promoting public health, Supporting individuals with additional needs, Assessing children development support needs.
Independent Learning Resources
Key Stage 4
OCR Cambridge National Certificate
- Cambridge National Level 1/2 Health and Social Care: Hodder Education ISBN 978-471-89974-4 is available for students to borrow from the library.
- My Revision Notes: Cambridge National Level 1/2 Health and Social Care will be available to borrow from the library.
- Women and children’s health network – www.cyh.com/Default.aspx?p=1
- Homeoffice Equality Act www.homeoffice.gov.uk/equalities/equality-act/
- Health and Safety Executive – www.hse.gov.uk/healthservices/safety-topics.htm
- Care and Law www.careandthelaw.org.uk/eng/b_introduction.htm
- The Excellence Gateway – http://archive.excellencegateway.org.uk/page.aspx?o=199649
- Effective Communication and Human Needs – www.educationforum.co.uk/Health/commsandneeds.htm
- Communication in Health and Social Care – www.collinseducation.com/resources/BTECHSCunit1.pdf