Head of Department: Mr Ciaran Cusack
Key Stage 3 (Year 7-9)
Introduction to Map Skills, Settlement, Urban Growth
Exciting Places, Intermediate Map Skills, Ecosystems and Biomes, Economy and Industry, Tourism and India
Advanced Map Skills, China, Energy and Climate, World at Risk
Key Stage 4 (Year 10-11)
Hazardous Earth, Climatology, Development Dynamics, Challenges of an Urbanising World, UKs Evolving Physical Landscape
UKs Evolving Human Landscape, Geographical Investigations, People and the Biosphere, Forests Under Threat, Consuming Energy Resources
Key Stage 5 (Year 12-13)
Topic 1: World at Risk – Tectonic Hazards and Management
Topic 2: Going Global – Globalisation and International Economy
Topic 3: Crowded Coasts – how increasing development is testing our ability to manage these valued environments
Topic 4: Regenerating Places – focuses on how we need to re-image and regenerate rural and urban places, using appropriate strategies.
Topic 5: The Water Cycle and Water Insecurity
Topic 6: The Carbon Cycle and Energy Security
Topic 7: Superpowers
Topic 8: Health, Human Rights and Intervention
Independent Learning Resources
Key Stage 3
There are videos and assessments that students can test themselves on and get a grade.
- BBC Bitesize provides a range of revision and inquiry materials for
- Y7, Coasts, Rivers Geology, Settlement and Places
- Y8 Ecosystems, Development, Population,
- Y9 Natural Hazards and Weather and Climate, Crime
- Geographical Magazine
- National Geographic Magazine
Key Stage 4
Pearson Edexcel B
- New Grade 9-1 GCSE Geography Edexcel B: Investigating Geographical Issues – Revision Guide
- New Grade 9-1 GCSE Geography Edexcel B: Investigating Geographical Issues – Exam Practice Workbook
- GCSE Geography Edexcel B Student Book by Oxford Uni Press
- Revision material and multiple choice tests with marks given for all GCSE topics.
- Revision material, videos and mock assessments for all GCSE topics.