A high standard of personal appearance is expected of all students.
All students must wear full and correct uniform for school, school occasions and PE and Drama lessons. Students who come to school dressed incorrectly may, if there is no adequate reason, be sent home to change.
All uniform is available at Khalsa Schoolwear, Bethnal Green Road
- White shirt / White shirt blouse (long sleeves)
- Tie (in year colours)
- Dark grey trousers; not denims or cords / Navy skirt or dark grey trousers.
- Blazer (navy-blue with school badge stitched to breast pocket)
- Plain white, black or grey socks*
- Black low-heeled shoes; not trainers
- Plain V-necked navy pullover or dark navy cardigan
- Coat (black or navy)
*Transparent or navy coloured seamless tights or plain navy or white knee length or ankle socks may be worn.
* The salwar kameez or the jilbab may be worn. These must be in school navy blue.
* If a student wishes to wear a headscarf (hijab), this should be purchased from the school and worn appropriately.
NO jewellery, other than wrist watches.
Head bands must be black or navy.
Years 11 students only may wear the specially designed Cass sweatshirt.This is being phased out and this year group will be the last to wear the sweatshirt.
TIE AND BADGE WILL BE PROVIDED BY THE SCHOOL
PE Kit & Equipment
In the interests of health and safety, as well as comfort it is essential that all children should change clothes and footwear for Physical Education. Parents are asked to co-operate with the school in providing the essential items of PE kit.
As part of the PE Health & Safety policy should your child be unable to take part in the lesson they must still get changed into their PE Kit and provide a letter from you.
Swimming lessons are compulsory and children should bring with them a towel and appropriate swimwear. No Bermuda shorts. Long hair should be in a swimming hat.
The PE kit is purchased online – www.swidtp.co.uk.
- Red/White S-Tec Mercury Polo Shirt*
- Red/White Pulse Micro Fleece*
- Navy/White S-TecX Cuatro Shorts*
- Navy/White S-TecX Cuatro Track Pants (Optional)*
- Navy/White Coolmax Socks*
- Swimwear (Blue or Black)
- Swimming Hat
- Shin pads
Drama*only available through the website – www.swidtp.co.uk
Plimsolls are required for Drama lessons
Classroom / Learning Equipment
Every student is expected to provide the following basic items of equipment for every lesson:
- School Bag
- Black or blue ball point pen (and a spare!)
- Pencil Sharpener
- Pencil Eraser
- Coloured Pencils / Fine Fibre Tips
- Ruler 12 inch or 30cm
- Basic Scientific Calculator
- Pair of Compasses
- Protractor (Angle Indicator)
- Rough Notebook / Jotter Set Square
Tippex / Liquid Paper is not allowed in school and must not be used in any school work.
Textbooks and specialised equipment may be issued on loan and students will be required to pay for any loss or damage to school property.