A high standard of personal appearance is expected of all students.
All students must wear full and correct uniform for school, school occasions and PE lessons. Students who come to school dressed incorrectly may, if there is no adequate reason, be sent home to change.
Uniform list in effect – September 2019
We believe passionately that our uniform gives students a sense of belonging and creates an identity for the school in the community.
Students currently in years 7-9 will be provided with the school blazer and tie (A letter with full details will be sent home in due course). Students currently in year 10 will continue into year 11 in their existing uniform.
Full details regarding our uniform can be found as follows:
Authorised Uniform Retailers
The uniform list states which items MUST be purchased from our authorised uniform retailer either in-store or online.
The school’s authorised uniform retailers are;
- Khalsa Schoolwear, 388 Bethnal Green Road, London, E2 0AH, www.khalsaschoolwear.co.uk
- Ocean Design, 10 Watney Market, London E1 2PR
- White collared shirt/blouse
- Tie (in year colours). Ties should be worn to the correct length, showing at least 7 stripes. Ties will be supplied to all students at the start of year 7. There will be a fee of £4.00 for replacement ties.
- Mid-grey uniform trousers
- Mid- grey pleated skirt; of suitable length
- Mid- grey full length smart skirt
- School Blazer (purchased from our authorised retailer)
- Plain black or grey socks (with trousers)
- Knee or ankle length black or grey socks or black coloured seamless tights (with skirt)
- Black low-heeled smart shoes; not trainers or plimsolls
- NO jewellery, other than wrist watches
- Head bands must be black or navy
- Grey V-neck logo jumper (purchased from our authorised retailer)
- Coat – black/navy. Must be of an appropriate length to cover the blazer. NO hoodies or tracksuit tops
- Headscarf (hijab) – navy
PE & Swim Kit
In the interest of health and safety as well as comfort, it is essential that all children change clothes and footwear for Physical Education. Parents are asked to co-operate with the school in providing the essential items of the PE kit. Swimming lessons are compulsory and children should bring with them a towel and appropriate swim kit.
- Navy blue or black swimming trunks (Lycra/Elastin – NOT baggy surf shorts)
- Navy blue or black 1-piece swimming suit
- Swimming hat
- Burkinis, swimming tops and swimming leggings are optional, but must be from a swim brand and worn with swim trunks/suit
- Logoed PE T-shirt (must be purchased from our authorised retailer)
- Logoed tracksuit top (must be purchased from our authorised retailer)
- Logoed tracksuit trousers (must be purchased from our authorised retailer)
- PE shorts (must be purchased from our authorised retailer)
- Red football socks
- Trainers – black
- Shin pads
All students must wear the full and correct uniform for school, school occasions and PE and Drama lessons. Students who come to school dressed incorrectly may, if there is no adequate reason, be sent home to change. In addition, all items of uniform should also be labelled with the student’s name.
Every student is expected to provide the following basic items of equipment for every lesson:
- School Bag
- Black or blue ball point pen (and a spare!)
- Pencil Sharpener
- Pencil Eraser
- Coloured Pencils / Fine Fibre Tips
- Ruler 12 inch or 30cm
- Basic Scientific Calculator
- Pair of Compasses
- Protractor (Angle Indicator)
- Rough Notebook / Jotter Set Square
- Tippex / Liquid Paper is not allowed in school and must not be used in any school work.
- Textbooks and specialised equipment may be issued on loan and students will be required to pay for any loss or damage to school property.
Sixth Form Uniform
To view a copy of the sixth form uniform, click here