Language College Update - March 2016
- We have restarted our videoconference programme with Bangladesh. Year 7 students are participating.
- We hosted a visit from a deputy headteacher from our partner school in Bangladesh this term (3rd + 4th March).
- We are developing a possible expedition programme for post 16 students. This would involve students in fund raising and developing an international development project.
- Our Erasmus Plus application for funding to run a joint project with schools in Europe will be submitted in March. This will help fund student visits to our partner schools.
- We are putting together our portfolio for an application for the International School Award. This will be submitted in the summer term.
Language College Update - June 2015
- As part of our Comenius Project with a group of schools in Spain, France, Turkey and Italy a meeting took place in Spain on 4th – 7th June. Two members of staff attended.
- We have submitted an application to run a new international project (Erasmus+) from September 2015 focusing on e-safety. This will be with schools in Spain, Poland, France and Italy.
- A group of students from our partner school in Helsinki visited our school on Thursday 21st May and attended a special programme of lessons including RE, PE and Bengali. The group is working on a project linked to multiculturalism.
- Our annual Primary Languages Festival will take place on Monday 6th July.
- A second visit by one of the teachers of Bengali will take place to our partner school in Bangladesh in August in order to further develop our joint work.
Language College Update - 3rd March 2015
- A group of students are to visit Lyon, France from 11-15th March as part of the school’s Comenius Project. This will be followed by a trip to Spoleto (Umbria), Italy from 26th-30th April.
- We are about to submit an application to run a new international project (Erasmus+) from September 2015 focusing on e-safety. This will be with schools in Spain and Sweden.
- A group of students from our Spanish partner school in Cádiz are to visit Sir John Cass on Monday 23rd March.
- We have submitted an application to the British Council for further funding to develop our link with our partner school in Bangladesh.