Business and Enterprise College
Sir John Cass is a highly successful specialist school. We are delighted to announce that we have been redesignated as a Language College and Business and Enterprise College after our Ofsted inspection in May 2008.
As a specialist school we teach the national curriculum but focus on our specialist subjects to drive up results in those areas and across the school.
We place strong emphasis on independent learning and achieving excellent results in our specialist subjects .
The specialisms also bring a commitment to working with outside partners including creating links with local businesses, primary schools and the adult learning community.
Business Enterprise Update - June 2015
- Year 12 Business Students took part in an interview and CV masterclass on 1st June provided in school by the Young Enterprise Borough Manager
- Year 12 Business and Finance students participated in a series of mock interviews on the 4th, 5th, 12th, 18th and 19th of June with the interviewers from the City Brokerage Programme London Met University.
- SJCR hosts its first Career Academy LAB (Local Advisory Board Meeting) meeting on 17th June with 3 people from industry on the board chaired by Candice Miller (Head of Business). Author and entrepreneur Henderson Murray who has strong links with 'New West End Company' recruitment agency has also agreed to be a key member of the LAB.
- 130 Yr12/Yr13 work placements will take place during July and August 2015
- Work experience placements for 30 Health and Social Care Year 12 students took place during the week beginning 8th June.
- 180 Year 11 placements take place in July 2015
- Careers week takes place during the week beginning 6th July (up to 30 workshops on offer related to CEIAG [Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance]).
Business Enterprise Update - 3rd March 2015
- We have secured a number of paid 2 week summer internships for Career Academy students at HSBC. Students will be required to apply for these placements.
- The week beginning 23rd February MyBnk (a charity delivering financial education and enterprise experiences directly to 11-25 years olds in schools) are coming in running a 2 part 'Enterprise in a Box' workshop for Year 10 business students. This is the same programme as the one running for G&T students in Year 9.