Welcome to Sir John Cass Red Coat School
Message from the Headteacher
Thank you for taking the time to visit our school website. I am delighted to be the Head teacher of our fabulous school. It is an absolute honour and privilege to lead such a skilled and committed group of teachers and support staff, all of whom share a phenomenal commitment to the achievement and wellbeing of our students. I hope you enjoy your visit and should you wish to come in and visit us, don’t hesitate to contact my PA, Karen Dalton to arrange a time. You will be most welcome.
Mr Paul Woods
About Sir John Cass Red Coat School
Sir John Cass is a Church of England and multi-faith school extending from Year 7-11, with the Sir John Cass 6th Form College focused on Year 12 and 13 learning.
At Sir John Cass Red Coat, we operate with high standards of behaviour, discipline and attainment.
We believe that by providing an environment in which pupils feel cared for and valued, they will increase in confidence and gain independence.
Values & Ethos
We are a faith school and one of our main aims is to ensure “respect for all” throughout the school, so that:
- Everyone feels valued
- Everyone feels cared for
- There is a climate of forgiveness
- Tolerance is promoted
- Everyone is enabled to be confident and independent in their learning.
- We hope that everyone feels invited to take part in “prayer and worship”.
Our aim is to promote confidence, high aspiration, high academic achievement, initiative and resourcefulness within the context of faith.
Draft Mission Statement (to be reviewed and ratified by governors)
Vision statement from SIP: We aim to produce confident, talented, independent learners and thinkers with the highest aspirations for achievement, who would serve the local community and be fully participative in the life of modern Britain.
- Raising students aspirations
- Develop independent learners and thinkers
- To inspire and challenge pupils to enjoy education and achieve their unique and full potential
- To create future adults who are level headed and able to make sound judgements
- A secure high attaining aspirational centre of excellence where everyone is valued and achieves
- Serving the local community and beyond
- Nurture confident, mature and well-rounded individuals underpinned by a strong set of values
- Developing the whole child, uncovering and encouraging every talent
- To prepare students for life in modern Britain
- This is a Church of England School characterised by respectful dialogue with those of different faiths and beliefs
- We serve and reflect our multi-faith community
- We encourage Christian values, in particular the universal values of love, forgiveness, and respect for all
- We value every member of our school community – students, staff, governors, parents – so there is a sense of belonging
- We are a safe, secure and caring pupil-centred learning community
- We have high expectations for student behaviour for learning
- We promote the values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
- Our ethos is modelled through both the formal and informal curriculum